|Home||» Products||» Industrial Bearings||» ZKL|
ZKL V ½zkum a v ½voj, a.s. and ZKL Bearings CZ, a.s. Manufacturing in all of these companies has its own deep history which we endorse and based on these traditions the manufacturing companies guarantee the continuity of ZKL rolling bearing development and production in the Czech Republic.
And just the continuity of ZKL bearing development and production is considered as a key factor which is the source of knowledge and experience affecting positively current company development dynamics. This is the reason why it is advisable to mention some important historical milestones.
The first rolling bearings were produced in the country in the Fichtl and Sachs plants at Per tejn nad Oh .The Per ¡tejn factory was originally built as a weaving mill. It was bought in 1911 by Dr Emil Sachs from Schveinfurt and he had the buildings rebuilt to an engineering production facility. The first products were free wheels for bicycles. Due to growing production in the parent plant in Schveinfurt friction-balls manufacturing was moved to Pern ¡tejn in 1921and two years later, the product range was extended by rolling bearings. This production was taken over by SKF in 1930 and it remained part of its assets until 1948 when the factory in Per ¡tejn nad Oh was acquired by government. The plant in Kl terec nad Oh was built during the World War II, in 1943 by German company SUMAG to serve the production of military material for aviation industry. In 1945 1949 the company got under the national administration and its production programme varied significantly. In 1949 it became part of the TOS Holoubkov national entreprise as a branch plant focused on lathe and circular frame-saw production. Since January 1, 1952 it was associated to ZPS Brno . That year the machine tool production programme was terminated and due to the significant growth of bearings demand and lack of space in the Pern ¡tejn plant, the bearings production was moved to Klterec na Oh Since 1953 only bearings have been produced here and the company to which the Per tejn nad Oh plant was associated to was named ZKL, n. p. Kl terec nad Oh